EXPERIENCE JAPAN AT YOUR DOORSTEP AFTER LOCKDOWN!
– THE FUN WILL BE EXTENDED THROUGH ON-SITE EVENTS WITH JAPANAROO+ TO BE HELD FROM 3 TO 19 DECEMBER 2021
Japanaroo 2021 held from 20 August till 2 October has been hugely successful. Despite extended lockdowns, a wide range of online events have attracted around 10,000 unique users to date, with many participants also entering the ‘win a trip to Japan’ Prize Campaign.
Japanaroo+, which is a special extention of Japanaroo 2021, has been created with the goal of offering participants physical experiences where they can enjoy elements of Japanese culture. Japanaroo+ will be held from 3 to 19 December, with many exciting on-site events planned around Sydney and beyond.
Japanaroo+ has been created to offer opportunities to attend on-site events and brighten people’s spirits after a long period of lockdowns. Japanaroo+ will further highlight Japanaroo’s concept of bringing Japan to our doorstep here in Australia.
Planned events for Japanaroo+ include:
– Japanaroo+ Opening Night on 3 December hosted by the Japanaroo Team virtually
– Fatty Tuna “Otoro” Festival from 3 to 19 December at Sushi Kaido
– Collaboration of Art and Cafe from 3 to 19 December at Origami Café
– Journey to Kyoto from 3 to 19 December at Simply Native Japan
– Ikebana Exhibition “Sogetsu Ikebana Awakening” from 4 to 12 December at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
– Eat the Feast of Nagoya from 4 to 19 December at YAYOI
– Flavours of Fukuoka from 4 to 12 December at Gogyo, Sakana-Ya, Sekka Dining, and Ramen Zundo
– Talk “Meiji to Murakami: Japanese art at the Art Gallery of NSW” on 9 December at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
– Okinawa Night on 9 December at the Albion Hotel
– Chado demonstration by Urasenke Sydney on 12 December in Leura, Blue Mountains
– Japan Expo on 17 December at Townhall
– Japanaroo Festive Season Concert on 17 December at Townhall
– Matsuri Japan Festival Chatswood 2021 on 18 December in the Chatswood Mall
– Japanese Dance Exercise Workshop on 19 December at the Sydney City Ballet School
– and many more events in the works!
To make these events even more exciting, the Japanaroo 2021 Prize Campaign has been extended until the end of Japanaroo+. This means that the participants of Japanaroo+ can also enter the ‘win a trip to Japan’ Prize Campaign
Japanaroo+ will be another great opportunity for many people in multicultural Australia to enjoy Japanese culture and food as well as promoting local business and innovation with Japanese companies here in Australia.